Spunkerella's Blog

Saturday, February 05, 2011

IN LOVE (4 2/3 YRS OLD)

At bedtime, S asked momma to tell the story about how she met daddy. She briefly said, "I fell in love with daddy and we decided to get marry." S follows up, "Why did you marry daddy." "Because we wanted to be with each other for a long time and wanted to have a family, you!" says Momma. S giggled.

Then, S responded with "I wish I was in love." This made momma laugh. S followed up with "I want to be in love with Milo (a boy from Starbright). Momma responded with, "Being in love is best when two people are both in love with each other. You can't pick the person you." Then S responds, "I want to be in love with Talia because Talia loves me." Momma laughed again. "Talia loves you but she probably wants to be your best friend, not marry you. Lot of women marry women and lots of men marry men, but I'm not sure if Talia wants to marry you. We will talk about this later."

In hindsight, maybe, being in love is as simple as picking someone. But, all momma knows is talking about "love" to a four year old is difficult. In fact, it's just as difficult talking to a forty year old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home