Spunkerella's Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

VOCABULARY (6 YRS OLD)

S is trying out new vocabulary words. On Wednesday, she said, "I'm just furious." Mama asked, "What are you furious about?" S didn't reply. Mama asked again. Then, mama asked, "Do you know what the word furious means?" S replies with, "no."

The next day S says, "I'm jealous" and continues with asking mama to iron her melty beads. Mama responds intelligently with, "huh?" and then asked (since she wasn't sure what S said), "What are you jealous about?" S repeated, "I'm jealous." Mama cuts to the point and asks, "Do you know what jealous means?" S says, "no." Well, according to mama, "it's a feeling you have when you want something someone else has." S responds with, "Well, I meant the melty beads are jealous." Mama thought to try to explain it another way. "Do you remember how you feel when Talia plays with someone else, other than you? That's jealousy."

On the other hand, playing in the Texas heat today, S drank several glasses of water. Later, her stomach hurt her and she said, "I think I over-hydrated myself." Mama asks if S knew what over-hydrated was. S responded with, "Yes, it means I drank too much water."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home